night and day sweatshops

Making Things.

9.29.2005

Miranda July and Lila Yomtoob have something in Common



This makes me
happy.

I was informed that Miss July and I both had short films in the same program in the 1999 Hi Lo Film Festival.

I also found out that she is responsible for Miss Moviola. Long ago I went to a Miss Moviola screening at Void in NYC and I did a video confessional for her. She set up a video camera in the bathroom, and invited people to tell a secret.

I admitted that I was taught that when you are sick, you shouldn't take a shower. That day I was a bit feverish, but I guess I really wanted to take a shower, contrary to my upbringing. I must have been particularly dirty. Well, I took a shower and I felt better! Imagine that!

Then, the other day, someone compared High Life and Me and You and Everyone You Know. I'm not sure how they compare exactly, it was a second hand story.

Regardless, that is a comparison I can hang with!

And also you know what else? Miranda July and I were both interviewed by The SFist. And I think we are the same age.

By the way, if anyone wants to get me a gift, please get me a ))<>(( forever t-shirt
(green, large) as a gift, I would be into that.

I'm really happy that she is doing her thing and that people are noticing. And her work is good and interesting. And if somehow somewhere we are ending up at all in the same spheres, I feel like I am doing the right thing.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home